1 General information on the collection, processing and usage of your personal data
(1) In the following sections we inform you about the collection of personal data when using our Website. Personal data is all data that is personally related to you, e.g. name, address, e-mail address, user behavior.
(3) By contacting SEBA by e-mail or through a contact form on this Website, the information you provide (your e-mail address, your name and telephone number if applicable) will be stored by us to answer your questions. We will delete this data as soon as storage is no longer required or restrict processing if legal retention requirements exist.
2 Your rights in relation to personal data
Regarding your personal data, you have the following rights:
3 Security and cross-border transfer of personal data
SEBA undertakes appropriate physical, technical and organizational measures in accordance with the requirements of Art. 32 GDPR for the protection of your personal data. For persons located outside Switzerland, please note that any personal data transferred to the Website will be transferred out of the person’s country of origin or residence, and into Switzerland. You expressly consent to such transfer using the Website. You also warrant that you have the right to transfer such personal data outside the country where they are originated from and into Switzerland.
All employees of SEBA, who are engaged in the processing of personal data, are obliged to data secrecy. Your personal data is always encrypted when transmitting to Websites via HTTPS.
Despite SEBA’s measures to protect personal information, it cannot guarantee that loss, misuse, unauthorised acquisition or alteration of your personal data will not occur. Your attention is drawn to the fact that you play a vital role in protecting your personal data.
(2) We use the following types of Cookies:
6 Collection of personal data when visiting our Website
The amount and type of information, that SEBA gathers, depends on the nature of the interaction:
With the help and the installation of a specific plugin for Mautic, which has been developed regarding GDPR compliance, your IP address in the user profile and the corresponding database will, among others, be anonymised. Mautic is configured in such a way that not the complete IP address is saved. Instead, 2 bytes of the IP address are set to 0 (e.g. 87.138.00). Accordingly, linking the shortened IP address to the respective computer and its owner is no longer possible.
In that case, a cookie is set which informs our system that your activities are not to be stored. If you delete this cookie from your system, you have to set it again.
Exclude from Mautic tracking.
Due to this opt-out, not all functions may be available. You can therefore consent to the tracking again at any time.
Confirm the Mautic tracking.
In case you have activated the “do not track” option in your browser, your user data is generally not stored.
If you receive emails from us, open- and click-rates are additionally tracked. This kind of tracking will still be in place even if you successfully opt-out. This is necessary for campaigns to be correctly executed (e.g. DOI, unsubscribe from newsletter).
SEBA processes your data partially automated with the aim to evaluate certain personal aspects (profiling). The profiling is done for the purposes of enabling needs-based communication and advertising including market and opinion research as well as a needs-based design of the Website, as far as you have not objected. The legal basis for profiling is Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR. Profiling is required to protect legitimate interests of the provider. SEBA hereby pursues the legitimate interests to enable advertising and market and opinion research and to design the Website according to your needs. In the event of your objection, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can prove compelling grounds for processing that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
8 Other functions on our Website
(1) In addition to the merely informational use of our Website, SEBA offers additional services that you can use if you are interested. To do this, you will generally need to provide other personal data (such as name, surname, address, email etc.) that we use to provide the service and for which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) It is possible that we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are regularly inspected.
(3) Furthermore, we may disclose your personal data to third parties, if services are offered by us together with partners. In these cases, you will be informed in advance.
(4) It is important for us to process your personal data within Switzerland and the EU/EEA. If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside Switzerland or the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
9 Newsletter / Mailing List
(1) By using the relevant form on our Website, you have the possibility to register for our news service or other informational content. Upon request, we will keep you informed about relevant developments and offers. SEBA uses the double opt-in procedure: When you subscribe to our newsletter/mailing list, for example by entering your e-mail address and by clicking a confirmation field, you will first get a notification e-mail. Only after you confirmed your subscription by activating the relevant link in the notification e-mail you are added to our mailing list. If you no longer wish to receive e-mails or mailings from SEBA, you can unsubscribe in the newsletter itself at any time.
(2) We process your data associated with the newsletter/mailing list in order to send you news about and related to SEBA. Furthermore, we also process and use the e-mail address you have entered in order to send you personalized offers. If a link in the newsletter directs you to our Websites, you also give us permission to process and use your IP address, together with geodata, web beacons or similar technologies, in order to verify whether the offers presented to you in the course of this communication meet your requirements.
10 Third party providers and links to third party Websites
It is SEBA’s policy to use only third-party providers that are bound to maintain appropriate levels of security and confidentiality, to process personal information only as instructed by SEBA and to impose the same obligations on to their own sub-processors, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
The Website may contain links to third party Websites. Any information a person provides to, or that is collected by, third-party sites may be subject to the privacy policies of those sites, if any. SEBA encourages each person to read such privacy policies of any third-party sites that such person visits. It is the sole responsibility of such third parties to adhere to any applicable legal or other applicable restrictions on the disclosure of a person’s personal data, and SEBA and its affiliated corporate entities shall not be liable for wrongful use or disclosure of any person’s personal data by any third party.
11 Right to withdraw consent
(1) You have the right to withdraw your consent to process your personal data at any time. Such withdrawal will affect the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data.
(2) If SEBA bases the processing of your personal data on legitimate interests, you can object to the processing. This is the case if, in particular, the processing is not required to fulfill a contract with you. In this case, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the case of your justified withdrawal, we will examine the situation and will either discontinue or adapt the data processing or show you our legitimate and compelling reasons why we continue to process it.
(3) You may object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing, advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. The withdrawal of your consent will be processed and will take effect as soon as reasonably possible.
In writing: SEBA Crypto AG, Chamerstrasse 85, 6300 Zug, Switzerland
12 Applicable law and jurisdiction
In case of discrepancy, the English version shall prevail. Last update September 2018.